BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, January 10, 2011

Jinxed

Bah. 8 weeks, 0 days and I spoke to soon.

I threw up the other night, JUST because I had said I was feeling fine, I'm sure of it! Funny though, hugging the toilet, my first thought was... musta ate something bad, or I'm coming down with the flu. Actually no, I'm freaking pregnant!

Since then, I've been back to feeling generally queasy, but not full on pukey. I talked to my mom yesterday, and she doesn't remember being exceptionally sick either, enough to call in sick or be late for work. So I'm hoping that's just one of those hereditary things, and the pukey pukey stays away.

On another note, while we were discussing morning sickness, I asked about strech marks (she had a few but not too bad) and I already knew about the labour thing. The McNulty women are blessed with super fast labours. Please please let that be the case for me!

Still, cart before the horse here. 3 sleeps until ultrasound. I'm starting to get anxiety that there will be no heartbeats and this will all be for naught. This infertility thing really EFFS with your mind. Always anxiously waiting the next step. I mean sure, I had a solid (high even) beta. But that's no guarantee that everything is OK. Even after the ultrasound turns out OK (RIGHT!!), I'm still only 8 weeks. Another 4 weeks to get out of the dreaded 1st trimester when things can still go horribly wrong.

What's wrong with me? I need to be more positive here, but I'm not sure how. I'm all smiles and happy faces to everyone, but my inner self is still a self-concious terrified little girl.

3 sleeps, and more questions answered. Snowflakes are now raspberry sized. mmm raspberries....

2 comments:

  1. Lucky that you have been feeling pretty good. My mom never felt sick during her pregnancies but I am constantly nauseous. I know it's hard but try to enjoy being 8 weeks! You will feel much better once you see the ultrasound. I have another one tomorrow and it's nice to be reassured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay it just clicked with me who you are. So glad to see that you blog too!

    ReplyDelete