BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, January 28, 2011

First appointment!!

I had my first OB appointment today.

First of all, as I suspected, I will not be giving birth here in Brockville. This hospital is not equipped with a NICU, nor do they have high risk doctors here. SO, I will see this doctor only 1 more time, and be referred to Kingston to a high risk OB. Kingston is about an hour away, so not too horrible (I say that now until I have to go every 2 weeks then every week for appointments!!)

I declined the IPS screening even before the doctor had a chance to tell me he wouldn't do it anyway for twins, but we are having the nuchal ultrasound, and that should be in 2-3 weeks!! YAY! If I didn't want the nuchal, the next ultrasound wouldn't be until 18-20 weeks for anatomy. No way I was waiting that long!

I did not see the babies today, but we did try the doplar. We got to hear 1 heartbeat, but the other was too hidden, and was being masked by my heartbeat. The resident that did the dopplar said not to worry at all, it was likely too early to hear anything anyway, but hearing that 1 heartbeat was amazing!

Other than that, they checked my blood pressure, did urine and a PAP test and 6 vials of blood! I should hear soon about when the nuchal ultrasound is. I hope it's on a day that C is off, because I know he will want to see the babes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment