BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Viability!

24 weeks marks an impressive milestone. The babies have hit viability. That is to say, if the babies were to make an appearance from here on out, they doctors will try everything in their power to save them.

At our appointment yesterday, one babe was 2.2lbs with a 148 heartbeat, and the other was 1.8lbs with a 156 heartbeat. All within 'normal' ranges. My cervix is nice and long and closed. These babies are sticking put for some time, and that's a relief.

Everything with me is going well. I've gained over 30lbs now. He's also happy with that, noting that at term, he'd like to see somewhere between 50-60lbs on me. Ouch. That's TONS to me, but whatever it takes for my girls to arrive safe and plump is whatever I will do. Bring on the cupcakes?

I feel like I might have a month's worth of work left at the most. It's exhausting being at work, but I don't want to go off too early. My bank balance needs me in as long as possible!

We were surprised with 3D pictures at this ultrasound. How amazing are THESE!!



1 comment:

  1. Wow you have big babies in there! That's great! 50 - 60 pounds does sound scary but I am thinking my doctor expects big numbers for me seeing as he said if I was having one he would have wanted me up 40 pounds! Great pics too!

    ReplyDelete